LGBTQA+ Information & Education
So what do all those initials mean?
- LGBTQA+ is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, Ally + Other Identities
- Gender 101 There are a lot of terms used to describe sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression! Gender 101 will help you get familiar with these and other terms.
- Definitions In addition, here’s a list you may find helpful.
The History of LGBTQA+
- Ancient to Modern History
“The history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) peoples and cultures around the world dates back to the first recorded instances of same-sex love and sexuality of ancient civilizations.”
- LGBT History Timeline
“This is a collection of some of the major happenings in the LGBT community during the 20th century through 2003.”(from https://www.ohio.edu/lgbt/resources/history.cfm#Timeline)
- Etiquette Primer from Steven Petrow – NPR Article
“Less than 20 years ago, Ellen DeGeneres hadn’t come out, gay-wedding announcements didn’t appear regularly in major newspapers and 17 states and the District of Columbia hadn’t legalized same-sex unions. But there was Steven Petrow.”
- Myths & Stereotypes
- Guide to Bathroom Use – from the US Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)